On the same place as the present manor, once a hunting manor of Lords of Celje was standing, which is in 1467
mentioned as Jägerhof zu St. Mathes vnder Sanneg but it was already at the time the property of provincial prince.
This manor was the same year leased until cancellation by Emperor Friderik III. to Jörg Leisser whereupon he supposedly
ceded the manor to Žovnek castle. Between the years 1578 and 1580 the manor's owner was provincial physicist dr.Jakob
Strauss who constructed a new manor. The new manor gained its name by him and is from 1585 on called Straussenhof.
It seems that his successor was Andrej Tavčar (Tauthscher) and in legacy inventory of Andrej noble Grusič from 1657
in rubric of documents summary of purchase contract is listed, which was made in 1642 between Grusič and Gregor Matačič.
Owners that followed were in 1730 Marija Konstancija Pilpach and after her Karel Žiga Pilpach, in 1742 Lovrenc Schreckinger,
in 1760 Maks Schreckinger noble Neidenberg, afterwards again Lovrenc Schreckinger, in 1766 Karel Joh. Kircher, in 1797
Alojz Rosman, in 1800 Valentin Pegam, in 1809 Jakob Brezic and Konstancija née Pilpach and in 1812 Nikolaj del Negro followed
by his widow Amalija née Čokl, from 1816 married to Jožef Tomšič, manager of Zalog. In 1847 the owner of the manor is
Jožef Krügerschuch, afterwards Feldbacher, from 1855 colonel knight noble Födransberg, in 1863 baron Bruck, after the year
1869 captain of horse Ivan Čmak, who was liquidated together with his wife Štefanija by partisans on 25.10.1941 on marshland
on Dobrovlje. Between 1956 and 1971, before the manor was taken over by company Ingrad, home for the aged was located there.
A chapel with mass licence was once located in the manor but no traces of it can be found today. Nowadays company BIVA HIŠE d.o.o.
has offices in the manor.
Some places in the ground floor still have cross-crested vaults or bathtub arcs with spandrels, which have crest-emphasized
edges and the arc in south-eastern part of the mansion, where nowadays a kitchen is located, is leaning on two pillars which
carry arcs among which are cross crests.
In several rooms in the floor coffered ceilings and partially fretted modern ceilings are preserved; some have metal applications -
rosettes. Three towers are frescoed with many kinds of motives in different historical styles: neo-rococo (angels with musical
instruments, scenes from stories in cartouches), neo-classicistic (alegory with two virgins and angels), neo-romantic (wife
with a girl in front of a landscape with a castle in the background). Fresco mentioned last is signed: A. Fonzar 1916.
Also a few beautiful furnaces from the late 19th century are in the building.
The building was, judging by Vischer's depiction from around 1681, comprised originally of only one wing to which on the back
side an auxiliary outbuilding was added, probably early. Corners were emphasized by penthouse turrets and on the roof a smaller
clock tower with Baroque onion-shaped cap was standing. Its oldest preserved elements cannot be dated before 17th century. This
means that the building, which is still preserved in the core, was at the time already a successor of original hunting manor or
even Strauss' manor. In Baroque era they added three wings and arranged arcade courtyard and after the year 1869 its owner at the time,
K. Haupt, reconstructed the building in English castle style.